I woke up feeling a bit down in the dumps today. Sometimes I become a homesick for times and places to which I once had connections. Today I decided to take a trip down memory lane via the digital collections of the National Archives. Ssarching for images of geographic locations in Indiana I ran across this image of what I believe was an annual event. I grew up hearing stories about the huge gatherings that occurred at Winona Lake, in Kosciusko County, Indiana. This was one county to the west from where I grew up. I wonder if my Great Grandparents were in attendance there?
The Library of Congress information follows the image. Essentially the copy right info for this pic boils down to: A. R. Van DeVenter claimed copyright to this image when he was submitted to the Library of Congress in 1915. It is now out of copyright.
- Date Created/Published: c1915.
- Medium: 1 photographic print : gelatin silver ; 8 x 45 in.
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
- Digital ID: (digital file from intermediary roll film copy) pan 6a26418 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pan.6a26418
- Repository: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
- J20[…] U.S. Copyright Office
- Copyright deposit; A. R. VanDeventer; September 7, 1915; DLC/PP-1915:44992.
- Copyright claimant’s address: Warsaw, Ind.
- Collections:Part of: Panoramic photographs (Library of Congress)
- Bookmark This Record: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2007661804/
View the MARC Record for this item.